Tuesday 8 March 2011

Most anticipated

Well I failed my goal of getting a blog out every day.. Oh well! Looks like I'm on a write as I please basis now!

Today I'll be giving a list of my most anticipated releases on ps3 this year, as well as listing games that recently were released that I want! Unfortunately i have to pick and choose my games as my funds for gaming are extremely limited so the list is pretty short for now but in no particular order, here we go:

Dynasty Warriors 7 - 1 April
I haven't really been following Koei much as of late. Way back early last year i picked up their latest Dynasty Warriors title, it being the only current gen Dynasty game, and found it simply appalling - i just couldn't place why. The character designs had changed, even character weapons. The combat felt broken and disjointed and i expected more all round. Those of us (like me) who had gotten used to playing certain characters such Xiahou Dun (pictured) with his monstrous sword, now played completely different with different weapons. I was a big fan of Dynasty Warriors' last gen instalments, but was an even bigger fan of the similar Samurai Warriors, so until Koei finally releases (if they ever do) news about a current gen Samurai Warriors, this is the game I'm keeping my eyes on.

Fist Of The North Star
However, Koei have also recently released a game by the name of Fist Of The North Star. Now depending on your interests, this will either excite you incredibly (and if that's the case you've already played it) or mean nothing. Fist of The North Star is a very popular anime/manga based around hero Kenshiro and, as standard, tremendous fighting. This game uses the same fighting and level mechanics as the Dynasty / Samurai Warriors series and as a fan of anime i hugely anticipate this game. After downloading the demo from the Playstation Network i can say that I want this game even more as it lives up to any expectations I have and seems a massive improvement on the style of Dynasty Warriors 6.

Mortal Kombat 9 - 19 April
A decent Mortal Kombat game has been long anticipated on PS3 so it's only right it takes it's rightful place in this list. Mortal Kombat has been giving gamers gratuitous amounts of over the top gore and violence in the bloodiest of ways, and most of them have been good, if not great. Recent adaptations have, however, been lack luster. Luckily it seems this time round that Mortal Kombat will be pulling out all the stops to make sure it's return is triumphant and fantastically violent, just what the fans want. And speaking of being famed for violence, this time round there is a new addition to the Mortal Kombat roster, and it is only that of the God killer himself - Kratos. Reception of this has been varied but admittedly he does fit in well. I won't say much more on this game but instead let you see for yourself why I am looking forward to it so much. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9KUUlRYnlc

Dead Island
I hold special interest for this one and shall be keeping a VERY close eye on it in the coming months. I'm a huge fan of zombies in all forms of entertainment but especially gaming. My last run in with them was in the form of Dead Rising 2 which though fun, was a little too disappointing. it got boring fast and zombies were more of a joke than a serious threat. However, this game seems to be taking a very different route. Not only that, but the trailer is one of the most emotional, beautiful and enticing trailers I have ever seen - and that's not just for games, for anything. That in itself is something the developers should be very proud of. Again I'll let you see for yourself exactly what has me so excited. Brace yourself, this is one of the greatest trailers you will ever witness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg&oref=http://www.youtube.com/results%3Fsearch_query%3Ddead%2Bisland%26aq%3Df&has_verified=1

Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal - A name that brings to surface hundreds of memories of one of my favourite games of all time. Back on the original Playstation me, my brother and our friends put countless hours in blowing up famous world monuments. There's just something gratifying about riding up the Eiffel Tower playing a crazed murderer who's head is on fire, driving a tripped out ice cream van, or terrorising other drivers as a war survivor, donning the skull of a dead friend, firing missiles and machine gun bullets from a modded motorbike. At this years E3 convention, Twisted Metal PS3 was the last reveal at the Sony Conference. The cinematic trailer (no, bugger off and go look for it yourself) drove fans wild and as if that wasn't enough, a replica Sweet Tooth ice cream van drove on stage. This was enough to make me squeal with excitement as i watched the whole thing through my laptop screen. The last run in I had with Twisted Metal was in the form of Twisted Metal: Black on Playstation 2 which was also a fantastic game which i would recommend. This time round we see Sweet Tooth taking a front seat (pardon the pun) role in a battle against Darkside with one of the most exciting prospects.. Online multiplayer! Whether the reviews end up positive or negative this is still a title i will not be missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment